Tuesday 5 May 2009

Reaching the big four-oh

This year was a milestone year for me, as I reached the ripe old age of forty. Yes, I know that's pretty hard for most of you to believe, but it's true.

So how does it feel to be forty? Well not much different from being 39 or 38 or....you get the idea. It really isn't about your age, it's about your attitude to life. I enjoy challenges, and set them for myself regularly. I'm always trying to push myself in my cycling, or trying to learn new technologies or to become a better husband, father and friend. Life should be a continual learning experience, where each day you gain some new skill, knowledge or nugget of wisdom.

I keep my mind active by reading, blogging and writing up my cycling reports. I watch documentaries, read newspapers and follow politics. I may not be climbing the North face of Everest, but I'm certainly not gathering dust either.

I have my health and a great circle of family and friends. These are the things that matter in your life, and I certainly don't take them for granted.

So how does it feel to be forty.....great!

2 comments: