Monday 16 January 2012

The Importance of Change

Change_ahead

"When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it too seemed immovable. 

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me. But alas they would have none of it. 

And now as I lie on my deathbed I suddenly realised: If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement I would have been able to better my country and, who knows, maybe even change the world.”

Anonymous. Written on a tomb in Westminster Abbey.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment